My Makyra,
When I was young I placed each of my babies in their respective place upon my bed. They all had names and were the most beautiful dolls in the world. I more than willingly gave up all but a small portion of my bed so that they might sleep well beside me. Still today my pillow hangs a few inches off the side at times so that my babies can have a warm and comfortable sleep. Early in the morning you will come and lay in my arms and though I might try to soak in a couple extra minutes of rest, the rejuvenation of my soul comes from the love that you exude.
In my heart I have captured moments of your pure beauty. When you were just a baby and I held you in my arms after a rough night. I watched the sun as it rose upon your face and the shadows of your profile changed with it's rising rays. Every second was magic, a beautiful image worthy to be beheld by kings. I wanted so much to take a picture but knew that you would awaken if I got the camera. So I took the moment into my heart and still reflect upon it often.
More than the marvel of your radiant smile, the symmetrical replica of your daddy's perfect nose, or the lush eyelashes that frame your eyes; your inner beauty is what truly takes my breath away. The tears you shed in sympathy of other's distress. When you kiss your sissy's finger tips or stroke her head and tell her it will be OK when she cries. The love you have for every beautiful person and thing around you. Your sweet prayers to our Father in Heaven, and how you know He hears them and loves you. The gallons and barrels of love that you pour out on me, your daddy, your sissy, and every other person you meet. That is what makes you the most beautiful.
I am the most blessed mother in the world, because you are my daughter. I thank God everyday that He sent you to me. I marvel that He would trust me with His beautiful daughter and pray that I might be the mother that you deserve. When you wake at night crying because of bad dreams, or scream because there's a lady bug in your room, or are terribly upset because the batteries in your toy hamster died, I want to soothe all your pains away.
I snuck into your room tonight. You were curled at the foot of your bed, holding the hand of your Cinderella Barbie. Your hamster was set on his perfectly folded blanket and your Cabbage Patch baby and Dora doll were tucked underneath the same covers. I saw in you the part in me that has loved you since I was 3 years old and held my first baby doll, wishing that one day I would have a real one of my own. Before I left your side I kissed your forehead and whispered to you my secrets. I wept at the blessing that is you and my love for you that grows inside of me more and more everyday of my life.
I love you dearly, my Makyra, more than I could have ever imagined, more than time or space or meager words could comprehend or explain. I love you.
All my heart,
Your Mother
2 comments:
That was absolutely beautiful and absolutely what I feel in my heart for my boys. Thank you for finding words and putting them down for us all to read and remember our love for our children.
Oh Tiffany...This made me cry! It certainly made me think of my baby girl, and that intense, unexplainable love you have for your children. Thank you for putting words to what we all feel in our hearts...
Post a Comment