Sunday, April 12, 2009

Swimming!!

We go swimming pretty regularly. We are lucky to live about two blocks from the pool here. Our favorite pool is called the therapy pool. It is always kept at a wonderful 92 degrees. Makyra is really a pretty good swimmer. She has lately been more comfortable floating on her back and will even dunk her head under the water while she's on her back. She can swim about 4-5 feet on her own but with her little lifejacket/swim trainer she can swim all around the pool (I love this thing, there are 9 different pieces of foam in it and as the child gets more comfortable you can slip one out at a time. They learn to gradually rely less on the jacket.


Makyra landing in the water after jumping off the side of the pool.

A little back floating.


Dan and Makyra; this picture is so cute!
Here are a couple of videos, one of her jumping in and one of her and Danny, although I don't think he knew I was taking it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. I love the daddy daughter picture. So So cute.

Dave & Melissa said...

I love all the pictures. Your baby is sooooo sweet!!! I also LOVE the swimming pictures. How fun! Your kids are adorable!!