Hi, this is Dan. I know I don't write much on our blog. I'll try to post more often.
This past Tuesday I went to Papa Murphy's Pizza to get pizza for dinner. Tiffany asked me to get cookie dough for her. There is only one driveway to get in and out of the small strip mall that has the Papa Murphy's in it. As I was heading towards the driveway to exit, this lady in a white ford backed out of a parking space right into the right side front passenger door of our car. I didn't have any time to react or honk the horn or any thing. As soon as she hit my car she stopped her car and I stopped mine. The lady of the other car pulled back into her parking space. While she was doing that, I backed up and then pulled into the empty parking space next to her car. She got out of her car. I opened my car door so I could hear what she had to say. I turned off my engine so I wouldn't wasted gas. As I got out of my car, this lady says, "It's all my fault because of these darn windows." The lady then pats her rear window and that's when I noticed that her rear window and back side windows are covered with window tinting. This all happened at about 7:10 to 7:30 pm so it was dark to begin with. We exchanged information and went our seperate ways. I went home and got on my cell phone to call our car insurance to report this accident. The next day I went to two different auto-body shops and got estimates of how much the damage would be to fix it all. The first place I went to estimated the damage at 1,847 dollars. The second place estimated the damage at 1,627 dollars. We're thinking that this lady's insurance will want to "total" our car because the blue book value might be less than the damage to our vehicle. The car has a lot of scratches from the accident but the worst thing is that the door won't open except for three inches wide. Our car is in great shape for being a 1994. It has only 91,000 miles on it. We bought off of Craig's list from a son-in-law who was selling it for his 97 year-old mother-in-law. We got it for a great price of 1,850. The car is still driveable. We are thinking that we will ask for the lower estimate price and lower the amount a little to not have to get it out of salvage and keep it as a clean title. Tiffany has other news and will post soon. Hope everything is going well for everyone.
1 comment:
Crazy. Sorry that happened, no fun. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt.
Post a Comment