We have tried a few recipes off of the Our Best Bites website. They are so good. So far we've made the French Dip sandwiches, they were super easy and Dan gave them an 8 (on the 1-10 scale) he said he would eat them once a month. Then last night we made Taco Chicken and the Black Beans. Dan mixed them together and I had them in a burrito. He gave these a 9 and said he would eat them 2x per month. These are really high scores for Dan, he tends to score low. In the almost 4 years we've been married he's never given anything a 10. Before he would score something a 5 and say he wanted it once a month, so he is slowly making his scores higher. Here is the recipe for French Dip Sandwiches http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/03/french-dip-sandwiches.html . It is a crock pot meal (mostly) and super easy to make.
On to other news... this is finals week, I have 2 finals to take then I will be done until probably September. I plan to take the time off for the baby.
I think Makyra is teething because she keeps putting her fingers in her mouth. It drives me crazy, although I'm not sure that she has any more teeth coming in soon because she already has 2 molars. Does anyone know?
A follow up from the last post, I am still having these blasted contractions. Sometimes they are like 5 min apart and other times they are about 15-20, that's about as far apart as the get. The DR isn't terribly concerned with preterm labor because my test was neg. Although at this point the contractions kind of need to slow down. She put me on this med that was supposed to make them stop. When I first took it they were about 6 min apart. After about an hour or so they didn't hurt so much and about 2 hours later they were down to about 20 min apart, so that was good. The best thing was that the baby started moving again. She has been so quiet. It seems like if she moves much then it triggers a contraction and I don't think she likes it much. Last night she was all over the place with some extremely distinct elbows and knees visible. She hasn't moved that much in about a week or two. About 2 hours after I took the meds I started to get a headache, which was a side effect. My head started hurting so badly. It seriously felt like someone was cracking my head with an ice pick. I get migraines with pregnancy, with the vision changes and the throwing up, they are no fun, but this was by far the worst one yet. I wasn't sure if I could take tylenol (I'm allergic to the migraine meds they prescribed me before) so I just tried to hold out for the night. Poor Danny kept getting woken up, then he would help me go back to sleep, he's so patient. Today the DR told me to stop the meds to slow contractions, she gave me some pain pills and some anti-nausea pills that she said help other women with their migraines too. I am trying that, I do feel MUCH better than last night. I see her tomorrow for a follow-up.
3 comments:
iff why can' you jus do anything the easy way for once? Elephant Shoes! Wish I could do something to help.
I think she should have 4 molars, Tony does and he is 3 1/2. As for the contractions, try taking a sleeping pill at night if you can. They gave me ambien at the hospital a week ago and it helped me sleep, as well as stopped the contractions. I woke up from it fine too, which was a worry for me, I was just a little dizzy.
Ok, I am totally LOVING the Our Best Bites blog. Everything on there looks really good! Thank you for sharing it!! :)
How are the contractions (or hopefully lack there of now) going? I remember getting Ambien at the hospital with Ethan (when I was having strong contractions every 3 minutes but they were convinced I wasn't really in labor because he was my first and it was still 2 weeks early) and for me, it didn't help AT ALL! I ended up taking some Tylenol PM or something and that helped. At that point, though, I don't know if it was the Tylenol or just complete lack of sleep in over 24 hours. Anyway... keep us posted!
Post a Comment