Makyra loves to go to the carousel and ride the ponies. So after her DR appointment we took her over to ride the ponies (of course we had to make a pitstop at the norpac cannery, where we get awesome prices on frozen fruits and veggies.)
We went swimming yesterday and as we came home I start to feel 'funny'. Just a really heavy feeling and lots of contractions. I sat down for a while and they did not stop and seemed to be coming pretty consistently. I called Mindie, my midwife, and she told me to go into L&D to get checked out. I guessed that the contractions were about 5-10 min. apart. They didn't hurt terrible, a bit, but that's how they've been the whole time. When we got there they hooked me all up and they were registering at about 5 mins apart and 1 min long. They ran this test for a certain hormone that your body releases before you go into labor. It came back negative, so there is 99% chance that I won't deliver in the next 2 weeks, also, I wasn't dilated at all. We came home and I went to sleep, today they've been about 10-15 min apart, but not too terrible. My body feels like this kid is going to fall out, but it won't. We aren't too worried, but Mindie told me to take it easy and if the contractions start then to lay down and try to get them to stop, well that's not easy because I have them all the time, and have since about 3 1/2 months.
I need to make a post about my birthday. Dan and I went to the beach for the night and it was great.
Lastly, here are some pictures from Dan's cell phone of Makyra at the carousel.

Makyra petting her pony.

A little scared in the middle of the ride, but she's getting much better.

I tried to get her to pose in front of the carousel for a picture because I wanted to get her boots that she picked out to wear today. This was the best we could get, but it shows her personality well.

A squished face at the park.

Yay, a smile! She's about to go down the slide.
4 comments:
She is so frickin' adorable!! Love the pigtails... Love the boots... Really LOVE the dress! :)
And...
Take it easy, please! Take care and keep us posted.
Glad to hear that there isn't a concern of you going into labor any time soon. We'll pray that you'll be able to go full term without complications. By the way Happy belated birthday! I look forward to hearing about your weekend!
Makyra is so stinking cute. Can't wait to see what #2 looks like. I'm glad you and the baby are ok.
She is so cute..
Post a Comment