Friday, February 13, 2009

Poor Me Post...

Well, it is official, our family has influenza A. Makyra got it first, she woke up the other morning with a 103.5 fever and said her ear had an owie. We took her in and it was an ear infection. Her fever stayed at about 100-101 (on tylenol) until last night when it finally went away. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling a little icky and then last night my temperature started going up. Taking tylenol every 4 hours I can keep it at around 100, which is ok. Being pregnant I can't exactly take much for the awful symptoms and I just get to live in misery for a week. The biggest concern is the fever and not letting it get up to (and stay at) 101. Last night we slept without the heater on and most of the night I tried not to use a blanket, that kept it between 100 and 100.5, but I FROZE. Dan's chest and head are starting to hurt tonight, so chances are he'll wake up in a wonderful mood tomorrow.
Hopefully this is a 'mild' case and doesn't get too bad. Makyra is now running around nakey after her bath trying to make us all laugh, so at least she feels better.


We've consistantly received the flu shot every year... except this one! So wouldn't you know that the one year we don't get the shot, we get the flu.

5 comments:

Dave & Melissa said...

How sad! I hope you all feel better soon. Try to have a happy Valentine's Day!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

That stinks! I think the ONLY time I've gotten a flu shot in the last couple of years was when I was pregnant with Ethan. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.
Rest, rest, rest!!!

The Simmons Bunch said...

ELEPHANT SHOES!nI'm so sorry! I hope you all feel better soon. It's not very fun being prego and sick. Hang it there. ELEPHANT SHOES!

Bethany said...

:(

KristinNB said...

That sucks.. Of course you guys are probably better by now.. =) Or atleast I hope so.. It has been a few days.. haha