Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lilies

My computer is frustrating me a little, so I'm not going to post any pictures.

My husband is so sweet sometimes. I LOVE lillies (especially stargazers). I am taking a stained glass class this term at school and for our first assignment we have to do an 18 x 9 in panel with no more than 18 pieces. Well, I don't like being limited much by size or numbers so I am trying to decide what I can do and of course lillies are the thing that comes to mind. Well, Dan knew I was going to be doing a panel and so he went and bought me beautiful stargazing lillies. They are so gorgeous. Now I have to come up with design (and it has to be my own). I've found one on the internet that I love (though has too many pieces for my project) and that I wanted to share.

All right, this computer is driving me crazy so here is the link: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.homestudioartglass.com/images/strother.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.homestudioartglass.com/res.htm&h=382&w=536&sz=185&hl=en&start=1&sig2=qlex8loaCNd-kV-osYcSRg&um=1&usg=__kzdKLWQrYP_k1FFWjSCo1LwbVck=&tbnid=5-Q6gu8O7qHdyM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=132&ei=0SnjSLikD6qkpASC6NiNDA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstargazer%2Blillies%2Bstained%2Bglass%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:*:IE-Address%26rlz%3D1I7ADBF

I'm excited for this class and although it's a bit messy I can actually do it at home unlike pottery which requires so much equipment (I'm taking another class on pottery, I think I'm addicted to it).
This term is kind of a play term with 2 art class, but I haven't taken art since summer of 07, so I really don't feel bad at all.

Also, Makyra was sitting at her desk a few weeks ago and just counted to ten. I was surprised because I didn't know she knew all the numbers in order. She won't do it when I ask her yet, but she knows them. She does have a hard time remembering 6, it's a sneaky number anyway. She is the sweetest little girl. The other day I was driving and I turned around to look at her. She had her baby cradled in her arms and she was bouncing it up and down shushing it. She then gave it a little kiss on the head and kept bouncing it. So cute. Another thing she did recently was when I came down the stairs one morning I had on a shirt that was a little shiny in one spot and had flowers on the side. She jumped up from the couch, 'pitty mommy pitty... cute, pitty" She came over and had to touch it, she is so much a girl.

This is kind of a random post.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I did some stained-glass window work. I thought it was great fun. However, I didn't have the pleasure of creating my own. Very cool You'll have to be sure and take pictures along the way and then post the process along with the finished product.

Dave & Melissa said...

Hi!!! I'm so glad I found your blog! I haven't seen/talked to you since High School. Wow, that feels like a lifetime ago, doesn't it? Yay, another blogger friend.
:o) Melissa (Piepgrass)