We spent New Year's Eve at the Gilbert House. Makyra loves the Gilbert House and always pretends to call it on the phone. This year their theme was Oregon's nifty one fifty; in celebration of Oregon being 150 years old. There were lots of pioneer things to learn and do.
Makyra and I pet the pony. She was ok with it, although a little timid, until the pony started to try and give her kisses, that she would not stand for.
We had our taken picture in an old fashion style. I love this picture, I think it is so fun. We were not supposed to smile, but after a couple of pictures the photographer decided that he wasn't going to get one without Makyra smiling. This is as close as we came to non-smiles.
Makyra doing some square/circle dancing. We also listened to a little girl tell pioneer stories, made a beeswax candle and some butter that Dan got to shake after Makyra was done 10 seconds later, it was very yummy. We listened to this man sing songs about growing up on the farm as a logging family while he played his fiddle.
Makyra getting ready to go down the dinosaur slide.
Happy New Year's Everyone!
2 comments:
What fun! When(??) we move to Salem I want to take Ethan to the Gilbert House more often. It sounds like they've always got something new going on. I love the non-smiling pioneer picture - very cute!
That sounds like fun. Where is the gilbert house? Is it in Eugene? Thanks for the well wishes and prayers by the way. I am very nervous about this baby coming early. She has given me more trouble than both of my boys combined. :)
Post a Comment