Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Crazy Day

So I've been really slacking on the posts. I have a bit to catch up on. We've done some BBQing, some camping, a wedding for Dan's sister, etc. But for now, today...

Today we drove up to Portland to pick up some friends from the airport. The way up was eventful as the temperature gauge kept climbing higher and higher. We pulled over to the side of the road and popped the hood. there was antifreeze spewing out of the radiator cap. Great. So we called our friend who has a car lot and he said that if we just keep the engine cool enough then it should be fine. So we drove with the heater on full blast the rest of the day!! I think it was 100 degrees today anyway. Needless to say, we were dying. As soon as we got home Dan ran into the house and grabbed the swimming suits. We then headed down to the pool for and hour and a half.

Makyra swam around the pool for probably about 45 minutes straight. She was wearing a life jacket but didn't want us to touch her. Those little legs were moving so fast. We went from end of the pool and back again, then to the other pool, swam around that one, and on and on. She even jumped off the side into the deeper water. Her favorite pool is the 5 foot pool, but even in the shallower ones she doesn't want to touch the bottom.

On the way home from the airport we stopped by the Portland Temple. It was closed but we were able to get a few shots of Makyra in the summer dress that I made her.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hot. Wow, I am impressed, that dress is amazing

Rach said...

I can't believe you made that! Look at you crafty girl! Sorry about the car...I know how you feel! The car I had growing up used to over-heat....No good

Anonymous said...

Tiffany! Your little girl is so cute! I found your blog on Molly's, it's great to catch up with ya!

Bethany said...

Does the dress have a pattern? Or did you make it up?

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

The fabric came pe-gathered from Wal-Mart, then I just got some ribbon and added the little trim and straps and finished the edges.
They aren't too difficult to do, but they are fun. I lways add a big side seam so that she can wear it the next year too.