Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Beautiful Daughter

You'd think we'd have a little more to do than take pictures of Makyra all day.


Tonight for dinner I made Dan an old southern favorite of his; fried cat fish. We also had corn on the cob. This is Makyra's first corn on the cob.



Here is out little Drama Queen posing for the camera doing her 'turtle face'.

And of course our little rocker. She loves to 'play' the guitar with Danny.

(In the background the couch is just covered with a towel because Makyra is still learning to go potty.)

This is a video of Makyra eating her corn and just chatting with us at the dinner table. It is quite long, so you don't have to watch it all. I didn't have time to edit it down.

I finally planted my long awaited herb garden in our 'back yard' which is really just an extended, fenced in patio. It is not dying yet, so that is a plus. Although there was a cat that decided he would enjoy it a little more than I'd like (Dan scared him off) so I got some marble chips and put them over the dirt. I hope that the chips make the cat very uncomfortable and that he never touchs my soil again.

4 comments:

The Simmons Bunch said...

She's so big! and so dang cute! I wish we were closer so Isaac and her could be friends. Isaac had a fun time laughing at the video though. :o) I miss you Tiff! Elephant Shoes!

Rach said...

Oh I'm so glad you found me on blogspot! I love this thing! It's so much better than myspace I think.
Thanks for the tips with what to do with little ones! I need all the help I can get.
I'll look forward to reading more blogs in the future!

Anonymous said...

Kyra's so cute!! Yay for corn and popcorn!

Anonymous said...

kyra's soo cute!! yay for corn and popcorn!!