Friday, June 5, 2009

Abigail 2 weeks, 4 days stats:
Weight 9 lbs 3 oz (still almost 6 oz away from birth weight)
Length 21 in.

Abigail has had a lot of reflux so the dr is starting her on Zantac to help, hopefully that will help her gain weight a bit more too. She is still having a hard time nursing, but we are working on it. The lactation consultant said that she has one of the worst tongue thrusts she's ever seen, I still have hope that she'll out grow it and be able to nurse exclusively, for now she gets milk in a bottle too.

Everything else is looking great. Her shoulder has a very prominent 'callus' on it from the break, but that is normal and means it's healing. She doesn't use it much yet, but she is now at least moving it above her head sometimes.

She's a good baby, and a great sleeper. She will usually sleep at least a 5 hour stretch at night, longer if I'd let her, but I wake her to eat. She doesn't like formula and 'tests' her bottles before drinking them to make sure it's milk and not formula. If she's hungry enough she'll take the formula, but prefers the milk. Thankfully we only usually need about 2 oz of formula a day, if that.

Here are a few more pictures. Sorry it's taken so long. We have had a bout with a fever. Makyra had it for a day and a half, Abby got it for a night and morning, and I had it for 6 nights. It is finally gone, but wiped me out completely. We are now recovering and getting back to having a healthy family.

Wide awake and blue-eyed (the middles are getting really light).


Not as chunky as when she was born, but still has those cheeks!

Going home from the hospital (I have since lost 30 lbs, mostly in water weight. Yay! I have ankles again!).


Makyra and Daddy loving on Abby at the hospital.


Some funny little toes!



Don't forget to check out the 'spit-up' post below!

4 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Glad everyone is doing better and I hope you all remain healthy. Cute pictures! And 30lbs. in 2 weeks... wow!

6Jewels said...

Yay! A healthy family is a happy family. I'm so excited to see all the babies this summer!!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable and I love the pictures.

Conforti Family said...

She looks just like you! So cute!